After waking up to grey cloud covered skies and drizzle I had to put my plans for a new morning timelapse overlooking the River Orwell on hold for today. Instead, I thought I would get a few jobs on my ‘To Do’ list done.
First up was a quick session in the Gadget Lab creating a new bird feeder ‘upcycling’ project. I’ll warn you now its a bit saucy! I’ll complete the ‘How To’ guide in the morning and upload it later tomorrow.
It’s going to be saucy![/custom_frame_center]
Next up was a few repairs in the garden.
Den Box Repairs
Some areas of the garden have suffered quite a bit in the extremely wet and windy weather we’ve been having recently. I’m still gutted about losing a couple of trees and still have to remove them from the adjoining paddock at the end of the garden. One of the other noticeable areas of damage was a mini landslide above the large buried den I created earlier in the summer.
Well, I assume it was a mini landslide due to all the rain but when I checked inside the den earlier in the week I could see that something had obviously been sleeping in there! Had the occupant been digging at the entrance? When I built the box last summer I added a generous layer of meadow hay as a bedding layer. Much of this had been pulled up towards the entrance.
Building The Box (Summer 2013)
The box under the mound is quite large. I had some recycled boarding and roofing felt left over from the build of the Gadget Lab so I thought I would use it up by making a large den for anything that may wish to use it.
The camera position worked really well. The camera lens had a wide enough angle and depth of field to get the whole of the inside of the den box in frame and in focus. After disconnecting the test monitor and battery pack I attached the main cable back to the camera and replaced the lid of the camera port. All that was left to do was connect the other end of the cable to one of the channels on my new 8 channel DVR in the Gadget Lab.